Real Music’s exclusive catalog of international Billboard-charting artists and compilations has been licensed for commercials, film, DVDs and many high-profile endeavors, from NBC’s coverage of the summer Olympic games to PBS documentaries, enhancing the impact of many projects across a variety of media.
Complete our Licensing Application Form
Whether a master, mechanical or synchronization license, Real Music can help you find music that is right for your project.
Individuals, Companies and Non-Profits Seeking Music for CDs, DVDs, Web Sites, YouTube, Phone Systems, etc.
- License fees vary depending on artist.
- Not all of the music in the Real Music catalog is available for licensing.
- All usage requires an advance or a one-time fee, payable in full prior to issuance of a license agreement.
- When applicable, license includes a maximum number of units (CDs, DVDs) to be produced, a term of usage and a specific credit and placement of this credit within the project.
- License fees for web site and internet usage vary according to such factors as whether the site, video, etc., is advertising a product or service or is educational or informational only and whether you are an individual, small company or large company.
- License fees for commercial (promoting a product for sale or service with fees) projects begin at $120.00. Please understand that we cannot respond to requests for projects with music budgets below this figure.
- If you are creating a video specifically for YouTube and are not promoting any products or services, we will be happy to review the project to ensure its compatibility with the image and identity of the artist and company and if approved, have you sign an agreement with a specified credit to be used and its placement and waive the normal fee.
- Non-profit requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that if the fee is waived, there will be a nominal contract fee.
- Student film (temporary use) requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please be aware before contacting us
While we invariably admire the spirit of the endeavors for which music is being requested, the enthusiasm expressed and people’s willingness to help promote Real Music and its artists through the projects, we regret that it is not possible to waive the fee for websites, videos, DVDs and CDs that help support the sale of products or services.
Our role is not only to promote but also to protect the music that each of our artists has invested talent, skill, time, passion and financial resources into creating. Licensing is an important source of revenue and as part of our commitment to our artists and our company, we must value the music in our catalog appropriately, in whatever form or venue it may appear. All of our music is copyrighted, and we thank you for respecting copyright laws.
If you would like to request a license, please fill out and submit the Licensing Request Questionnaire. We look forward to hearing from you. Please allow up to two weeks for a response.